Last Updated: January 7, 2022
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY:
NOT MEDICAL ADVICE; INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Affini-T is a biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative cancer cell therapies. None of the product candidates described on the site has been approved by any regulatory agency for commercial distribution. Affini-T and the site do not provide any medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or opinions, nor does your use of the site establish a doctor-patient relationship between you and Affini-T. All materials, including any medical information, on the site are provided for informational purposes only and do not serve as a substitute for the advice of a medical professional. If you have any questions regarding your health or a medical condition, including whether a clinical trial is appropriate for you, you should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. In the case of a health emergency, seek immediate assistance from a healthcare professional. You should never delay obtaining medical advice or disregard any medical advice because of something you have or have not read on our site. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information or content provided on or through our site. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that none of the information or content provided through or on any site has the ability to diagnose, prescribe, or perform any tasks that constitute the practice of medicine. The information provided by Affini-T and the site does not purport to be complete or to contain all relevant information. Certain information contained in the site relates to or is based on studies, publications, surveys and other data obtained from third-party sources and the Affini-T’s own internal estimates and research. Affini-T has not independently verified and makes no representation as to the adequacy, fairness, accuracy or completeness of, any information obtained from third-party sources.
1. Overview. The Site provides information about Affini-T and our products and services.
2. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (1) you are at least 18 years old; (2) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Site or any other service provided by Affini-T; and (3) your use of the Site is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
3.1 Limited License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Affini-T grants you, solely for your personal use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Site.
3.2 License Restrictions. Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Site; (b) make modifications to the Site; or (c) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Site, including, but not limited to, any security or access control mechanism. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Site, then you may not use it.
3.3 Information You Submit. Do not submit any information or other materials that you consider confidential or proprietary through the Site. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Site (“Feedback”), then you do so on a non-confidential basis (regardless of any designation or indication to the contrary in the submitted information or any accompanying correspondence) and you hereby grant Affini-T an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free transferable, sublicensable right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Site and create other products and services.
4. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Site is owned and operated by Affini-T. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Site provided by Affini-T (“Materials”) are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Site are the property of Affini-T or its third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Affini-T, you may not make use of the Materials. Affini-T reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
5. Linked Websites. The Site may contain links to third party websites. Linked websites are not under Affini-T’s control, and Affini-T is not responsible for their content.
6. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
(a) use the Site for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
(b) harass, threaten, demean, embarrass, bully, or otherwise harm any other user of the Site;
(c) violate, encourage others to violate, or provide instructions on how to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third-party intellectual property right;
(d) access, search, or otherwise use any portion of the Site through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, and data mining tools) other than the software or search agents provided by Affini-T;
(e) interfere with security-related features of the Site, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use, printing or copying of any content; or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Site except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
(f) interfere with the operation of the Site or any user’s enjoyment of the Site, including by: (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (ii) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Site; (iii) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Site;
(g) perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation or identify, accessing any other Site account without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth;
(h) sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 4) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials; or(i) attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 6 or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 6.
7. Modification of Terms. We may reserve the right to change these Terms from time-to-time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 7, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
8. Modification of the Site. Affini-T reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Site), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. Affini-T will have no liability for any change to the Site or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Site.
9. Term, Termination, and Modification of the Site
9.1 Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms or first access or use the Site and ending when terminated as described in Section 9.2.
9.2 Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, then your authorization to access the Site and these Terms automatically terminate. In addition, Affini-T may, at its sole discretion, terminate these Terms, or suspend or terminate your access to the Site, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice.
9.3 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease all use of the Site; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your account or the Site; and (c) Sections 3.3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 will survive.
10. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Site, and you will defend and indemnify Affini-T, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective shareholders, directors, managers, members, officers, employees, consultants, and agents (together, the “Affini-T Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, damage, loss, and expense, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with:
(1) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Site;
(2) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation;
(3) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or
(4) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of those claims.
11. Disclaimers; No Warranties by Affini-T
11.1 THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. AFFINI-T DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING: (a) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (b) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. AFFINI-T DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND AFFINI-T DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
11.2 NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE OR AFFINI-T ENTITIES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE AFFINI-T ENTITIES OR THE SITE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE ANY PORTION OF THE SITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA.
11.3 THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION 11 APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Affini-T does not disclaim any warranty or other right that Affini-T is prohibited from disclaiming under applicable law.
12. Limitation of Liability
12.1 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AFFINI-T ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY AFFINI-T ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
12.2 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE AFFINI-T ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO US$100.
12.3 EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 12 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
13.2 Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflict of law principles. You and Affini-T submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Wilmington, Delaware for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms.
13.4 Additional Terms. Your use of the Site is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Site or certain features of the Site that we may post on or link to from the Site or that you agree in connection with certain technology or services made available to you by or on behalf of Affini-T (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
13.5 Consent to Electronic Communications. By using the Site, you consent to receiving certain electronic communications from us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that those communications be in writing.
13.6 Contact Information. The Site is offered by Affini-T Therapeutics, Inc., located at 343 Arsenal Street, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at email@example.com.
13.7 Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, then under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at +1-800-952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site.
13.8 No Support. We are under no obligation to provide support for the Site. In instances where we may offer support, the support will be subject to published policies.
13.9 International Use. The Site is intended for visitors located within the United States. We make no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Site from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.